We are proud to unveil the newest edition to the FDAzilla website – the FDA inspection database. You can search for company name, or you can drill down to the month, and then to the day, to see inspection details.
Some observations from a brief glance into the data:
- There are 225,000+ inspections in the database
- Feel bad for these 20 companies that had inspections end on December 31, 2012. Feel worse for these 4 companies that had inspections end the day after that.
- Which month are you most likely to get inspected? Hard to say, but we do know that March was the month that averaged the most – more than 4,400+ per month. The only other month over 4,000+ was June.
- Looks like they may be some lag in the data gathering on the FDA end of things, as the 2013 numbers look ridiculously (50-75%) low.
- 250 inspections ended up March 10, 2011
Additionally, as you can see above, FDA inspections that resulted in a 483 are notated with a red “x”. FDA inspections that did not result in a 483 are notated with a green check mark.
If you’d like a download (in excel format), we have the 2012 spreadsheet as well as the 2010 through June 2013 spreadsheet available here.
Other 483 Resources
- The largest online 483s store (with thousands of FDA 483s in PDF format) Search by inspector or company>>. Readers of this blog receive 20% off – enter “fdazillablog” at checkout.
- The only searchable listing of 483s
- FDAzilla Inspector Rank – how often does your inspector issue 483s?
- FDA 483 article archives